1832 - Proclamation of the Township of Bristol on December 12th.
1835 - William King opened the first Grist Mill on Silver Creek.
1836 - First steamer on the River above the Chats was the George Buchanan which boarded at Unionville (Pontiac Station) and ran the 20 mile trek across Chat’s Lake to Albertville (Portage du Fort).
1846 - The first Horse Drawn Railway in Canada operated out of Pontiac Bay until 1886.
1855 - The Municipality of Bristol was incorporated.
1860 - Bristol began an annual Agricultural Exhibition on the present grounds of Pine Lodge until the early 1900s.
1861 - A Catholic chapel was first built and later replaced by St. Edward the Confessor Church.
1868 - Around this time the first ferry began operating between Norway Bay and Sand Point, Ontario.
1872 - Iron ore deposits in Bristol were first mined until 1894.
1906 - River View Inn, formerly Scobie House, was built. The Inn was destroyed by fire in 1980.
1919 - Pine Lodge Resort in Bristol was built by John Russell.
1923 - The Norvic double-decker ferry began its run across the river with Dudley Gamble as Captain and owner.
1958 - Hilton Mines open iron-ore pit was in operation until 1976. This was the first iron-ore mining and pelletizing plant to be built in Quebec and was also one of the first in Canada.
1991 - Bristol Town Hall was destroyed in a fire.
“Norway Bay is gaining prominence as a summer resort. Salt and Sulphur springs have been discovered, pronounced by physicians to be equal to any in Ontario, and a gentlemen has visited the place who is thinking of erecting a summer hotel.”
The Equity, August 13, 1896